In the Moment® Memory Support at Lakewood Memory Care
Our In the Moment® program is thoughtfully designed as a team-approach to memory care delivery. We describe what we offer as Memory Support because we’re intentionally shifting away from outdated Dementia care practices and into a hospitality model.
We recognize that each person we are privileged to serve is both unique in their life history, as well as their Dementia journey. We understand the importance of a scheduled rhythm to each day. However, we also encourage our team members to slow down and embrace the impromptu moments that happen as well. We find it’s the spontaneous moments have high impact for both the care giver and the care receiver. Living In The Moment is the greatest gift we can give to anyone we serve during their journey.
Click here to learn more about our signature In the Moment® memory support program.
Lakewood Memory Care offers a simple month-to-month rental with Peace of Mind pricing which includes the majority of care needed for a person living with dementia. Our In the Moment® Memory Support program includes the following items:
- 24-hour assistance from specially trained staff
- Cueing, redirection, and orientation
- Routine assistance as needed with activities of daily living, such as bathing, incontinence assistance, dressing, and hygiene
- Routine medication management
- Therapeutic diets
- Routine housekeeping and laundry services
- Electronically monitored security system
- Ambulation assistance
Our Care Partners are also trained to assist with enhanced care options including:
- Frequent incontinence support,
- Frequent behavioral support (for example, cueing, redirection, and orientation),
- Two-person transfers,
- Complex medication management (for example, diabetic management, INR/coumadin management, or resistive to oral administration)
- Feeding (physical assistance)
- 2-person assistance with ADLs.