Submitted by Scott, Food Service Director at Lighthouse Memory Care in Anacortes, Washington
- 2 lbs. Italian sausage
- 4 4 oz. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ¼ cup Garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp. Fresh Rosemary, minced
- 1 ½ tbsp..Tarragon
- ¾ cup Celery, minced
- 1 cup Mushrooms, minced
- 1 cup Bermuda Onion, minced
- 2 cups Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 cup White wine
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- ½ cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup Clarified Butter
- 2 quarts Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ½ cup Sherry or flat Champagne
- 1 ½ tbsp. Chicken Base
- 1 ½ quart Half and Half
- 1 ½ quart Heavy Whipping Cream
- Roux as needed
Procedure – Champagne Sauce
1. Sauté mushrooms in butter until tender.
2. Deglaze with Sherry or flat champagne until alcohol is cooked off.
3. Add chicken base and mix well.
4. Add half and half and heavy cream.
5. Bring to a simmer on medium heat
6. Add roux to thicken as desired for a thick, creamy sauce.
Procedure – Chicken
1. Use a small mixer with paddle attachment to loosen sausage.
2. Add ingredients (except bread crumbs, cilantro) and mix well.
3. In large saucepan or skillet, brown the mixture. Deglaze the pan with white wine.
4. Mix in bread crumbs and cilantro. Set aside.
5. Slice a pocket in each chicken breast and stuff them with 2 tbsp. of stuffing.
6. Carefully brown stuffed breasts on grill, in butter.
7. Finish in oven to internal temp 170 degrees.
8. Remove from oven, plate, drizzle with champagne sauce, and serve.