There's been a lot of buzz around the importance of protein in a healthy diet over the past few years, so, it should come as no surprise that older adults need even more protein in their diet than the average adult. Here's a recipe for a quick, easy, high-protein snack that you can keep in the fridge and much on throughout the week.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced ham
- 1 tsp. minced fresh parsley
- Boil eggs; drain and rinse with cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks. Set whites aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, mayonnaise, ground mustard, vinegar, and tarragon. Mash yolks an mix until smooth.
- Stir in shredded cheese and diced ham.
- Use a spoon or piping bag to fill whites with yolk mixture.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
About the author: Chef Thomas Vance is the current Director of Dining for The Atrium at Serenity Pointe in Hot Springs, Arkansas. He has been in the culinary industry for over 20 years and completed his culinary training with the Auguste Escoffier Culinary School and while serving abroad in the US Navy. He holds multiple culinary credentials and loves the overall artistry, precision, and passion that food has to offer.